SDMP Project Proposal
Mobile Consultation and Publishing Service
- Mobile Consultation Service - A service for students, faculty, and staff to provide guidelies and recommendations on your next mobile project.
- Reservations is an open-source
application for item loan management.
- Shifts is an open-source application that
allows easy tracking of employees who work scheduled hours in various locations
- Yale Mobile is a mobile app for students that provides useful information about everything from dining halls to laundry machines.
- Yale Campus Map is the new web-based map that displays all Yale locations.
The Yale Student Developers program began under the umbrella of the
Student Technology Collaborative. It wasn’t until
2014 that the Developers Program moved to its current home with Campus Community
Technologies and began its rigorous development program with iOS and Android
development, in addition to its long-standing Ruby on Rails program.
While the Developers Program’s flagship apps have historically been
Shifts, the program has touched many
products over the years. For example:
- Trumbull Housing App
- This application was used by the Trumbull College housing committee from 2013 - 2016.
We also have the following small applications, mainly for STC internal use:
- Training Scheduler
- This application takes an XLS export from WhenIsGood, and calculates an
optimal meeting time.
- Service Now Tweaks
- This Google Chrome extension improves the Service-Now interface, optimized
for the workflow of the Yale Student Technology Collaborative.
- Key Distribution
- This application aids STC during Freshman Move-in by keeping track of
- Service Now Ruby API
- This gem integrates the Service-Now API with Ruby.
- E-Academy Store
- This provides admin access to qualified persons at Yale for E-Academy.
- Mailman Roster
- This app syncs a roster of STs with their college and queue mailman lists.
The following projects are no-longer actively developed or maintained, and have
available repos for historical purposes only:
- Course Placement Management
- This app was written for the Yale math department course placement process.
It is no longer maintained.
- This app was used to aid in the hiring process for student techs.
- This app provided collaborative class note-taking.