Apply to Work With Us
Perks & Requirements
See a description of each position in Student Roles. Each
role has its own specific responsibilities, requirements, and perks in addition
to the ones below.
General Perks (all roles)
- Get paid to learn applicable, real-world skills, and marketable modern-day
- Work with teams of cool, motivated students like you
- Attend Hackathons (we’ll pay for the travel)
- Learn skills for your next job or startup
- Mentorship from professional developers
- Collaborate with a community of developers
- Free Snacks
- Starting wage $13.50 based on previous experience
General Requirements (all roles)
- Good communication skills
- Desire to make life better for the Yale community
- Willingness to learn and collaborate with teammates
- Availability to work minimum 10hrs/week
- Some programming background (at least one language)
Application process (all roles)
Applications are closed for Spring 2016
Below are the application instructions. In the meantime, fill out this form if you’re interested to be sure to get updates from us!
Please complete the following items:
- Google Form Application
- Additional Materials (sent to a Box email address)
- a resume
- two samples of your work
- This might be software you’ve developed, design work, user research, examples of teams you’ve managed (maybe well-composed emails), etc. We want two examples for each role you’re applying to.
Additional materials should be named in the format
FirstnameLastnameDescription. Your files might be named:
SaraHamiltonSampleCodeFiles.zip (or a github link)
Additional materials should be emailed to
This will upload the files to a Box folder that we have access to. You should
receive a confirmation email minutes after sending it.
After we review your written application we may schedule an interview with you.
Decisions will be made some time after that.
If you have any questions, let us know!